Friday, July 14, 2006

Voicemail

Had a voicemail last night from my kids. They were outside catching "lightning flies". I guess they mixed up the terms fireflies and lightning bugs; it was cute. They love me and miss me too. It brought a smile to my face.

now.....

I'm increasingly disturbed by the amount of unrest in the world. I wonder why some people feel that war and violence is preferred over diplomatic solutions, or why diplomatic solutions fail. Is bloodshed and death really that much more desirable to these people than peace and progression?

One of my biggest frustrations comes about when I fail to understand the "why" behind certain decisions or thought processes. When there is no rational/logical explanation behind some decision to insult, assault, or committment towards prolonged aggression I still try to find one....because I cannot comprehend the severity of evil that lives inside the minds of men.

What does Korea have to gain by testing the tolerance of the world? Even their own allies in China want them to cut it out.

WTF is happening in Isreal now? The Lebanese had to know that Isreal would not tolerate the kidnapping of their own soldiers, especially when the kidnapping took place within Isreal's border. Did these Labanese covet the bombings of their roads? The deaths of their families?

Hell, I should just throw in the whole Middle East right now, and include the U.S. in this. I understand fighting for people's civil liberties and God given rights, but there has to be some point where we need to realize we're a hated nation, and that our continued military operations only increase that hatred and aggressions toward us and our allies....and that some people just don't like our God; and some just don't believe in our God...or any God.

And this comes from a former U.S. Soldier and moderate Republican who is as patriotic as you can get. I'm just at a point right now where I'm tired of the U.S. being the answer. I'm tired of our guys in green...having the targets on their backs, and chests....I would like to see the U.S. back off from these military operations for a long while.

The problem with that is Europe is so inept at handling conflit that evil would spread unchecked and the problem would get worse, and then what?

I suppose the forces of good and evil will always clash in this perpetual struggle for dominion, and I will watch in wonder and fear the type of future that is laid out for my children.

No comments: