Monday, July 28, 2008

Dark Knight Review (holy crap!)


Saw the Dark Knight movie Sunday afternoon, at 2:00. The movie theater was packed even then, and I understand why. This movie shot up to one of my favorite movies ever, and not because it was a Batman movie (but that didn't hurt). Had this been a movie about Bob the vigilante cop and his psychotic enemy, Roger, this movie would have still kicked ass.

Christian Bale is now one of my favorite box office draws. I now want to see movies just because he's in it.

Ledger's performance was amazing. I really couldn't even tell it was Ledger. The look, the voice, everything was so completely the Joker that it may as well have been the Joker himself, jumped out of the pages of the comics, auditioning for this role and winning out.

It sucks that the Joker was kept alive at the end, because if they ever tried to bring him back in any subsequent Batman movies now, I don't think anyone could do him justice the way Ledger did.

Harvey Dent's character went through the transition from DA to Two Face nicely, but (spoiler alert) the end where he's contemplating killing the kid I thought seemed a little to quick to madness. Revenge against those who had destroyed his life I understand, but to include the kid I thought was a bit overmuch.

Holy Crap I want to see this movie again.

4 comments:

Cate said...

I want to lick Christian Bale.
Please don't delete my comment.

Señor Texan said...

there's an interesting discussion about licking over here:
http://forums.illiniboard.com/boards/showpost.php?b=deuce;pid=508681

Anonymous said...

this movie is also on the tops of the best movies ever. And Harvey dent was cool to see as well, but also thought a little too dramatic at the end.

If you havent seen The Prestige, go see it. Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman, wonderful movie. Directed by the same guy who did the Bale Batman flicks.

Señor Texan said...

Love the Prestige.